There are a number of tips to follow to ensure you achieve the maximum possible sale price for your property:
- Presentation is key – you don’t have to spend a great deal of time or money to make sure your home looks its best. A fresh coat of paint,
- well-tended gardens, minor repairs, professional cleaning and de-cluttering will make a big difference to buyers’ first impressions.
- Make yourself a checklist of all the things you need to do well in advance to ensure you’ve covered everything.
- Professional styling – this can be particularly beneficial for vacant properties to make them appear more homely and functional.
- Detail all of the inclusions or exclusions so that buyers know exactly what’s included in the sale i.e. light-fittings and window coverings.
- Get a building and pest inspection – this allows you to find out any problems that might turn off buyers and fix them where necessary. A clear report is a big plus when selling.
- Timing of sale – depending on the location and type of your property, it may be more beneficial to sell at a certain time of year. Ask your agent for advice
- Method of sale – private treaty, auction and public tender are the three main options and each has its advantages for certain properties and in certain markets. Your agent will recommend a sales method they feel is most conducive to achieving the highest possible price for your property.